Start Date: February 9, 2017
End Date: December 9, 2016
Date: 09 February 2017 Location: London – Venue TBC
A year of radical change
2017 sees the introduction of some of the most radical changes to affect the recruitment and contracting sector in recent years. As a result, the Association of Recruitment Consultancies (ARC), a professional trade association representing recruitment consultancies across all sectors, is hosting a conference to bring together keynote speakers and recruitment law experts to explore the challenges facing recruitment agencies and other sectors.
The Apprenticeship Levy is due to come into effect in April. The Association of Recruitment Consultancies (ARC) has raised concerns over the adverse impact the Levy will have on the recruitment supply sector. As it stands, the charge will be levied on the payroll not only of a supply agency’s own employed staff, but also of their supplied agency workers. As part of its campaign, ARC has written to HMRC to point out the disproportionate impact the Levy will have on the supply sector.
With IR35, it has been confirmed that where a contractor provides services to a public sector hirer and the arrangement is considered to be caught by IR35, the paying party will be obliged to deduct tax and primary NICs from the payment it makes. This means that, for the first time, employer’s NICs will be due on the value of an invoice from a company contractor. The gross amount paid by the paying party will also qualify as part of their pay bill for the purposes of the Apprenticeship Levy. In addition, businesses will be expected to get to grips with the online tool to test contractors’ IR35 status, due to go live in April.
- Mark Bull, Chief Executive Officer at Randstad UK, one of the UK’s leading specialist recruitment consultancies
- Neil Withey, Training & Development Divisional Director from the manufacturers’ organisation EEF
- Adrian Marlowe, Chairman, ARC
- Ben Grover, Senior Legal Consultant, Lawspeed
ARC has also invited representatives from the FE sector as well as the CBI and HMRC. To be confirmed.
The programme will include a seminar on IR35 provided by the recruitment law experts Lawspeed.
Who should attend?
Aimed at CEOs, MDs, Finance and HR directors and other senior staff, by the end of the day you will have:
- achieved a real and practical understanding of the Apprenticeship Levy and public sector IR35
- become informed about the implications that the changes will have on your business
- heard the concerns of other sectors, leaders of industry, trade unions and hirers
- gained insight and knowledge from legal experts Lawspeed
- had the opportunity to network with colleagues
Organized by : firstname.lastname@example.org Website : http://www.arc-org.net/
About the Organizers :
How to Register
Click on the below link to register by going to our website. Just enter your detail and pay the registration fees.
Hiring Success ’17 will include educational breakout sessions featuring customer experiences and networking opportunities. Breakout Read more
The March edition of #truLondon comes back to The Kings Head, the day before HRTech Read more
Thanks to our hosts Zalando the #tru carnival is heading back to Berlin. #tru is Read more